Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Well Finally

Now that Christmas is over, and gifts across the country have been opened, I can finally share with you some of the super top secret knitting I've been up to.

First up is a blankie I made for my nephew Kyle (relative by friends). I started this back in early July according to my Ravelry project page. In my defense, I designed this as I was knitting, so sometimes the blankie would sit and marinate while I sorted out the next step.

The yarn is Knit Picks Crayon, which was lovely to knit with and is deliciously soft as a blankie. I have plenty left over for the upcoming twins due it late May (to a different family).

Under Sea Baby Blanket

The report is that Kyle loves it. I hope this thing gets loved to death. It's just about the right size to be a cape for a toddler...

Next up is a pair of Veyla by Ysolda Teague, made for Val (Kyle's Mom). The yarn is Shibui super sock in a lovely deep purple. The "buttons" are snowflake obsidian beads from my stash.

Veyla for Val with David's present underneath


 I made a second pair of Veyla for my grandmother using the Zombie Cherry yarn that I dyed during late summer. Sadly, I forgot to get a picture before I sent them away, so I'll have to wait for my mom to snap one.

I still have two secret projects that I can't share, since I only got 2 of 3 packages out on time. So I'm going to leave you with this really strange picture I managed to get of Westley. I like it. It's deep.

The Eternal Mystery of the Cat (c) 2011






No comments:

Post a Comment