Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stupid Batteries

I was planning on doing a longer picture update, but my camera batteries died before I could get all of the photos taken. Stupid dollar store batteries (but I can afford better now, so I'll get new batteries tomorrow afternoon).

What I do have so far is an update on a couple of projects that I've never photoed before. First is the !@#$%^& hat (that's honestly the name I gave it on Ravelry) that I am making for one of my roommates. He purchased the yarn (Jojoland Melody) and payment is still being hammered out.

His specifications were for an earflap hat, and that is what I am making.

This:
Is being magically transformed into this:


That's the last picture I got before the batteries died, or I'd have managed more detailed shots. It keeps rolling up on me like a slap bracelet, though.

Second is a project that I started tonight. A friend of me provided yarn to make two hand warmers and head band sets for Christmas for her nieces, and a set of hand warmers for her. The yarn got lost in my yarn mess, but I cleaned that up recently and refound the yarn. These things knit up almost faster than Superman so it shouldn't be too much of a challenge to get them done before my annual flee to warmer/sunnier climes at winter break.

The yarn is Louisa Harding "Jasmine" which is 48% cotton, 39% bamboo, 10% silk, and 3% polyester (in the form of a silver thread), and the color is a lovely "Cinderella" (the Disney version) blue. I'm using 3.00 mm needles.















Lastly, I'm almost done assembling the kits for my class this weekend. I'm teaching crochet wire buttons at our annual regional ASG meeting, and I've got a whopping (and probably record) 15 people enrolled. I just need 1 more reel of wire for the kits and one for my demos (I'm not about to use my expensive wire for a class I'm teaching pro bono). I'll pick those up tomorrow (the wire section at Joanns won't be the same for weeks) and whip up some samples. I got some great beads for my attendees. It should be fun.



I haven't worked on my Hot Pink and Vintage sweater since Wednesday of last week, and there are no new photos. Mostly I'm sticking to small portable projects that are good for bus knitting and a few stolen moments before class. It also didn't help that I had a horrible migraine last night and spent 4.5 hours in bed before I went to sleep. If nothing else I'll have plenty of time to work on it during my southward fleeing in December.

That's all I've got right now, so I'm going to log off and turn in (still tired from the migraine).

Keep stitching, and stay tuned for more A Day in the Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment