Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Knits

I'm sitting here at the end of the holiday weekend with a pile of knitting sitting next to me. It's a lovely thing.

First up is my Tara Bolero. My version is named Slug because while at knit night we were discussing the fiber content of the yarn (Harlequin by Dale of Norway), and the slubs in the yarn. Someone heard "slug" and then commented that the color is right for slugs, then the conversation devolved to giant slugs and it was sealed. So here are the in progress pictures for Slug.

Color accurate close-up, with slubs

Left front

Back in progress

Second is a project that I just started today. I'm so enamored with it, even though there is extra work involved. Extra work? Yes, I'm thrumming!

Introducing my first thrummed project, Bunny Hop Slippers. I'm using Cascade 220 from my stash and some of the BFL roving that was my first roving purchase the day I learned to spin.

Prepared thrums

Thrummed close up

First sole, outside

First sole, inside

These things are going to be so warm and snuggly when they're done.

That's all that's been going on around here.  I'm sure I'll have finished project pictures to share with you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment