It's officially February (I flipped the calendar last night so I wouldn't forget). I told you at the beginning of the month that I was going to get a whole mess of things finished up and out of the way so that 2011 can be a great creative year. Let's see how I did.
First off, the things that actually got finished (in order no less).
The brown and blue dress is done. I don't have pictures because I can't find my excavation equipment to get it back out of the closet.
My plaid coat is finished and is quite warm, too.
The ladies at my ASG meeting commented on how well I got the stripes to line up across the coat. I'm rather pleased with that, because it involved a lot of extra time on my knees measuring and placing the pieces very precisely.
My Valium Bandit, started on October 30th, is finished.
It's large and also quite warm. I like to snuggle in it during movies, and I'm not the only one.
I wrapped Westley in it for a photo, thinking he'd get up (and out of the prime couch spot).
That'll teach me to expect things of my cat.
Finally, my Handy Knitter's Carry-All Tote is finished.
I used it today as my bag and got a compliment it at the bus stop. It is quite large, so I used Wes for a perspective shot.
The next category is for things that *almost* got finished.
My NaKniSweMo sweater from November is in this category. I've got the body of the sweater done,
(there's Westley sleeping in "his" shawl)
I got the collar of the sweater done,
but when I went to attach the collar to the sweater the collar was much too big. By about 6 inches, so not really fudge-able. So I put that aside to rip and re-knit. I still have plenty of winter left.
Damson came out of hibernation for an impressive rally.
I've only got 12 rows and the bind off left for this. I should be (hoping to) able to wear it this weekend.
The third category are projects that got a little bit of work done on them. For this I have my thesis, for which I have not picture because that would be boring.
The final category are projects that didn't get worked on at all. I didn't work on the maroon sweatshirt. I meant to, and I got it out, but when I tried it on it wouldn't close around my hips, and I'm not thrilled about the whole idea of turning a frumpy pullover sweatshirt into a strange and frumpy cardigan sweatshirt that doesn't even fit. So I put it away.
Percy also got no love from me during January, with the exception of being fished out for a picture.
Now that January is over, my Finish-it-up-itis is clearing up and I feel a definite case of Startitis coming on. To that end I've already got my yarn wound for my next new project: Camilla by SpillyJane.
The top yarn is Koigu Premium Painter's Palette Premium Merino (KPPPM), and the bottom is Knit Picks 100% merino fingering that I dyed myself with Jaquard Acid Dye.
I'm also going to be starting the Eternalism Vest soon, using the Malabrigo from my last post.
Not too shabby.
I was going to post about my painting, but I think I'll save that for later. I'm just going to leave you with a picture of Westley's wound from the FIGHT he SNUCK OUT and STARTED with Gray Cat.