Thursday, October 8, 2009

My own drummer

It's been a while since I posted anything here. I'm nearly done with the second week of my school and I think I might be getting the hang of my new schedule. That means I'm finally getting back to having time to knit.

And knit I have this week. I finally finished the Shawl that Never Ends, (more formally known as the Diagonal Shawl).

I still need to block it, but first I have to find the space. The shawl is just over 5 feet long and about a foot wide right now.

I've even worn it already. Yesterday I wore my brown dress with brown tights and my lovely new shawl and I felt very proud of myself. And I was warm. This shawl brings on the warmth.

Not the most flattering shot, but I was in class and I did this during our break.

I've also worked a little bit on my Vintage Pink Cardigan, but it looks pretty much the same as in previous pictures, so no photo today.

On the business knitting front, hats have been flying out of the booth that I share with BohoKnitterChic. Last week she sold at least 3 hats. I, however, hadn't knit a replacement for my one and only hat that I sold the previous week. I sold nothing, and even though I had some delicious market fresh Pad Thai, I consider last week to be a bust.

Enter this week's project, the Mission Impossible Hat.

This hat is not related in any way to the movies or anything associated with the movies. The mission impossible aspect of this hat is that I cast on for it yesterday morning and intend to have it done by tomorrow evening while attending grad school full time, feeding myself, and sleeping 8 hours a night. Also, I'm using the leftover partial ball of Cashmerino DK that I had after knitting the final edition of the Sand Dollar Hat. I'm not entirely sure I've got enough yarn to finish this hat.















Keep your fingers crossed for me. I've only got one class tomorrow and I haven't managed to land any more work shifts for this week. *sigh*

Time to put my leftover gumbo away. It was a delicious dinner.

1 comment: