Monday, August 5, 2013

The best laid plans

I was all set up to start blogging about this year's Tour de Fleece, then I remembered that when I moved over to my new laptop I stored all of my photos on my external hard drive, which I do not have with me here on campus.


So today's post is going to be a bit more random.

I've been knitting, lots, recently. I recently started Decimal in Bebe Cotsoy. The color I have is a lovely light blue (think robin egg or periwinkle). The sweater is knit in pieces to the underarms, then the sleeves are joined to the body and the yoke is worked in one piece. I knit the left sleeve in lieu of a gauge swatch, and have worked the bottom lace of the sweater body.

I used a lovely 1x1 rib tubular cast on, since I don't like the way regular cast ons look with 1x1 rib. It's trickier but not by much.

This past weekend I stash dove into my fiber to come up with something to spin at the Midsummer Spin-In and Fiber Festival (that was yesterday, it was lovely). I found 2 lovely ounces of a BFL/silk/bamboo blend (percentages unknown) that I bough in 2012 at the February spin-in. Spinning white fiber wasn't appealing to me, but I was in the mood to dye. I busted out the Wilton's and decided to try creating a color progression. I don't have the greatest set up to do this in one piece, so I broke the fiber into 4 sections of approximately 15 grams each. I then blended my colors and dyed the fiber in Ball jars using the microwave for my heat source. I have awesome pictures of the whole process, but they're still mostly on the camera. So here's a teaser.

So that's what I have to offer. I'm going to work on getting better about remembering to have a few photos on my laptop.

Next time: Tour de Fleece 2013 (it was a banner year).

No comments:

Post a Comment