Friday, February 10, 2012

Working on Something New

Tomorrow I'm teaching my first professional class at Stash, using my Sand Dollar Hat pattern. It'd been a while since I knit it, and not only did I need a refresher but also my old one is starting to lo a little, well, used.

So last night I procured some Abstract Fibers Super Sock in Snapdragon, which I am double stranding into the wildest hat I've ever knit (or even seen).







It's coming along nicely, I'm more than half way up the side, but the lighting in here isn't good for a picture.

I'll make sure to take pictures tomorrow at the class of all the hats being knit.

I'm also working on a seminar about dying fiber in your own kitchen. It started with an open topic for presentations in one of my classes, and is slowly morphing into something really fun. For one thing, I had a whole family of colorful mason jars in my kitchen,




and some lovely results.





All this color in my home and knitting has been a real boon during this grey February. And on that note, I'll leave you with this lovely painting by the Dread Pirate Roberts himself (via the iPad app Paint for Cats).





No comments:

Post a Comment